Friday, February 1, 2013

My Core

A core may often be the least visible part, but it is one of the most influential.
The core of us humans defines who we are. We often would like to think that at our core we are good, but that is not the case, our hearts are sick and often have desires that override us. Our desires ripple out into everything we do and everything we are. 
So I did some self-examination as what was at my core, what was the biggest desire or craving. And truth to be told, It was to be Admired. I used to desire people to admire me for what I looked like, for my talents or skills or future career. I wanted to be admired for all these shallow reasons that frankly were about 2 inches deep. But lately, there has been a rather drastic change. I still seek to be admired, but I also understand that I am,  in fact extremely admired, not only that but also Adored; in fact, Jesus Christ thinks I’m to Die for. No seriously. And that's enough. Also I have decided that if I am to be admired for one thing, I want it to be for the way Christ’s love radiates through me. I want that to be my core. I want Christ's love to ripple out into my thoughts words and actions. I want my greatest desire to be a  desire a deeper love: one inspired by Christ's love for me, one that causes ripples that unmistakably reflects and radiates the love of Christ to all those who know me.  

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. "this is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 
John 15:9-12 

No comments:

Post a Comment