I recall talking to my friend and saying "Satan flings my past in my face like it was a sport"
But truly I believe it's true. The enemy loves having dirt on you, its like he's running a smear campaign during your election, or posting in tabloids about celebrity gossip. He loves bringing you down, digging up dirt, making you question who you are now. He loves burying you in the faults of your past. But here's the thing about the past, its like compost, its made up of some stuff that's pretty rotten and stinks pretty bad, but put it on a plant and it grows faster and stronger. So our past can make us stronger individuals, it can make us grow and learn from our mistakes if we let it. The thing I always remember is this: if you are still living in your past, if it's still weighing you down, you really haven't grasped the concept of Grace. Because the truth is I look at my past and to say it was a mess is possibly the understatement of the century, and although I know I'm a different person, I do still have moments that I mess up and I have come to realize
Christ's Grace is sufficient
For Who I Was
For Who I Am
And For Who I Will Become
and if I remember that, no smear campaign or tabloid is ever going to bring me down, because the fact that the enemy has "dirt" on me proves my life has changed. It points to the growth, the strength that God has shown me everyday leading up until now and all I can do is point back to the Grace that made that change possible.
But he said to me. " My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
But truly I believe it's true. The enemy loves having dirt on you, its like he's running a smear campaign during your election, or posting in tabloids about celebrity gossip. He loves bringing you down, digging up dirt, making you question who you are now. He loves burying you in the faults of your past. But here's the thing about the past, its like compost, its made up of some stuff that's pretty rotten and stinks pretty bad, but put it on a plant and it grows faster and stronger. So our past can make us stronger individuals, it can make us grow and learn from our mistakes if we let it. The thing I always remember is this: if you are still living in your past, if it's still weighing you down, you really haven't grasped the concept of Grace. Because the truth is I look at my past and to say it was a mess is possibly the understatement of the century, and although I know I'm a different person, I do still have moments that I mess up and I have come to realize
Christ's Grace is sufficient
For Who I Was
For Who I Am
And For Who I Will Become
and if I remember that, no smear campaign or tabloid is ever going to bring me down, because the fact that the enemy has "dirt" on me proves my life has changed. It points to the growth, the strength that God has shown me everyday leading up until now and all I can do is point back to the Grace that made that change possible.
But he said to me. " My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
No comments:
Post a Comment